Spinach-Artichoke Turkey Burgers
For the Turkey Burgers
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 pumpernickel rolls, split
For the Spinach-Artichoke Topping
- 7 ounces artichoke quarters, drained and roughly chopped
- 5 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 6 tablespoons yogurt, Plain
- 1/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup cheese, shredded Mozzarella
*These values are approximate. Per serving, based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.
In medium bowl, combine turkey, chili powder, salt, pepper and paprika. Form mixture into 6 patties. Heat cast iron skillet or grill pan over medium-high heat. Add oil and cook burgers, in batches if necessary, 10 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F, turning occasionally. Transfer burgers to plate, let stand 5 minutes (internal temperature will rise to 165º F upon standing).
In small bowl, stir together artichokes, spinach, yogurt, mayonnaise and cheese. Serve Turkey Burgers on pumpernickel rolls, topped with Spinach-Artichoke Topping.