Hot Chocolate in School
Adding hot chocolate milk to your menu is a great way to serve nutritious milk as a new menu item! We’ve designed this kit to help you develop your own customizable program that can be used with any grade level.
Order a Free Hot Chocolate Kit
Hot Chocolate in Schools Kit
Each kit includes information and materials to start and promote a Hot Chocolate Milk program in your school. Click the links below for immediate use and download.
- Instruction booklet that includes setup and operation, service options, frequently asked questions (FAQ), promotion ideas and a social media guide
- Hot Milk Based Beverages Instruction Booklet
- Promotional Banner
- 11” x 17” posters
- 8.5” x 11” posters
- Stickers for cups
- Uses Avery Template 22807
- Uses Uline Circle Laser Labels Model S-14071
- For best results printing labels, click “Print Full Size” or “Actual Size” in print set up.
Digital Menu Board PowerPoint slides
Missing hot chocolate milk at school? Check out these two recipes to add some fun to your milk from your school meals at home!
Hot Chocolate Milk Setup & Service Ideas:
Hot Chocolate milk is a perfect beverage on a cold day and it can count for the fluid milk requirement! Directions for heating the chocolate milk are available here, utilizing equipment you may already have in your school kitchens.
Interested in a self-serving dispenser? Consider purchasing a 5-gallon insulated dispenser, like this one, to serve hot chocolate milk to students at meal times. You may want to consider a self-heating unit, like the Chocolady with a capacity of 10L, to warm up chocolate milk and place on the service line. Both equipment options are available to apply for through the Milk Means More Moolah for Schools nutrition equipment grant.
Ready to give it a try? Learn from a Hot Chocolate Pilot.
Additional Videos & Instructions
- How-To Instructions: Setting up your Chocolady for First Use
- How-To Video: Using your Chocolady Hot Chocolate Milk Dispenser*
- Frequently Asked Questions*
*Courtesy of New England Dairy & Food Council