Dairy Promotion Grant Guidelines
The current year grant applications will be accepted from January 1 through December 31. The promotional activity must take place during the current calendar year. The funding cycle is open year-round for the UDIM Dairy Promotion Grant Program. Funds are awarded on a first come, first served basis.
Individuals may apply for multiple grants; however, no more than $1,500 can be received in a year by a single farm entity (which includes family members and dairy farm employees). A maximum of $1,500 annually can be awarded for the purchase of dairy products; up to $500 of that amount can fund event support items (includes items such as signage, banners, coolers, ice, event and specific t-shirts for volunteers).
If you wish to utilize UDIM materials in your promotion, please call our office (517-349-8923) to order dairy promotional items.
Eligibility & Guidelines
- The dairy provided must be a visible addition to the free event. An incremental product that would not have been used before and must be visible at the event. For example, milk to drink with a meal but not butter for a recipe that would have been made anyway. To ensure freshness and quality, keep dairy foods cold and handle according to food safety regulations.
- Applicants must be associated with the production of cow’s milk as a Michigan dairy producer or dairy farm employee. Applicants must complete the online UDIM Dairy Promotion Grant Program Application Form and an itemized event budget.
- Only one dairy producer grant will be accepted for each event or foodbank. If a grant has already been submitted by another dairy producer for your event, please work with them to make the event successful.
- Applicants must submit at least two event photos from their event of participants receiving or eating dairy products and submit photos with reimbursement paperwork.
- Grant requests should be received at least 25 days prior to the promotional event for funding consideration.
- The promotional event must be conducted in Michigan.
- Grants cannot be used to sponsor clubs and organizations, they must be used toward events that promote dairy foods and the dairy industry to consumers.
- Grants cannot be used to promote one dairy brand or agritourism business; they must be used to promote the entire dairy community and all dairy foods at free events.
- Grant money cannot be used to purchase items for resale or be used for political events or to purchase alcohol.
- Grant funds may not be used for cash prizes, gift cards or coupons promoting a brand. Grant funds can be used to purchase items for dairy gift baskets.
- Non-dairy funds can be used to purchase items to support events (ice, signage, etc.) but can not be used to pay wages to work the event.
Store or vendor receipts must: Include an itemized list showing items that have been purchased and include the store or vendor name. Receipts cannot be handwritten, the credit card authorization of payment, or a statement. Click here for receipt examples.
Eligible applications will be reviewed and awarded on a first come, first served basis.
Applicants will receive an email notification regarding approval within 10 business days of UDIM’s receipt of application. If you haven’t heard from us within two weeks after the submission date, please call the office at 517-349-8923.
- The itemized receipts and reimbursement forms must be mailed within 30 days following the scheduled promotional event.
- UDIM will issue payment within 30 days of receiving completed reimbursement forms with itemized receipts from the store or vendor. Handwritten receipts are not acceptable. (Click here for receipt examples)
- Reimbursement checks will be made payable ONLY to the dairy producer named on the grant.
Click here to download the Reimbursement form. Completed forms, receipts, photos, or digital photos must be emailed to email@example.com, or they can be mailed to:
UDIM Dairy Promotion Grant Program
United Dairy Industry of Michigan
2163 Jolly Road
Okemos, MI 48864