Dairy Promotion Grant Program
The United Dairy Industry of Michigan (UDIM) Dairy Promotion Grant Program provides funding for Michigan dairy farm families and employees to conduct promotional events in their local communities to remind their neighbors of the pure enjoyment of dairy.
The current year grant applications will be accepted from January 1 through December 31. The promotional activity must take place during the current calendar year. The funding cycle is open year-round for the UDIM Dairy Promotion Grant Program. Funds are awarded on a first come, first served basis.
Individuals may apply for multiple grants; however, no more than $1,500 can be received in a year by a single farm entity (which includes family members and dairy farm employees). A maximum of $1,500 annually can be awarded for the purchase of dairy products; up to $500 of that amount can fund event support items (includes items such as signage, banners, coolers, ice, event and specific t-shirts for volunteers).
If you wish to utilize UDIM materials in your promotion, please call our office (517-349-8923) to order dairy promotional items.
- The dairy provided must be a visible addition to the free event. An incremental product that would not have been used before and must be visible at the event. For example, milk to drink with a meal but not butter for a recipe that would have been made anyway. To ensure freshness and quality, keep dairy foods cold and handle according to food safety regulations.
- Applicants must be associated with the production of cow’s milk as a Michigan dairy producer or dairy farm employee. Applicants must complete the online UDIM Dairy Promotion Grant Program Application Form and an itemized event budget.
- Only one dairy producer grant will be accepted for each event or foodbank. If a grant has already been submitted by another dairy producer for your event, please work with them to make the event successful.
- Applicants must submit at least two event photos from their event of participants receiving or eating dairy products and submit photos with reimbursement paperwork.
- Grant requests should be received at least 25 days prior to the promotional event for funding consideration.
- The promotional event must be conducted in Michigan.
- Grants cannot be used to sponsor clubs and organizations, they must be used toward events that promote dairy foods and the dairy industry to consumers.
- Grants cannot be used to promote one dairy brand or agritourism business; they must be used to promote the entire dairy community and all dairy foods at free events.
- Grant money cannot be used to purchase items for resale or be used for political events or to purchase alcohol.
- Grant funds may not be used for cash prizes, gift cards or coupons promoting a brand. Grant funds can be used to purchase items for dairy gift baskets.
- Non-dairy funds can be used to purchase items to support events (ice, signage, etc.) but can not be used to pay wages to work the event.
Eligible applications will be reviewed and awarded on a first come, first served basis.
Applicants will receive an email notification regarding approval within 10 business days of UDIM’s receipt of application. If you haven’t heard from us within two weeks after the submission date, please call the office at 517-349-8923.
- The request for reimbursement must be mailed within 30 days following the scheduled promotional event.
- UDIM will issue payment within 30 days of receiving completed reimbursement forms with itemized receipts from the store or vendor-issued.
- Reimbursement checks will be made payable ONLY to the dairy producer named on the grant.
- Click Here to Download Reimbursement Forms.
- Photos or digital photos may be emailed to email@example.com
- Completed forms and original receipts must be mailed to:
UDIM Dairy Promotion Grant Program
c/o Dairy Grant Program
United Dairy Industry of Michigan
2163 Jolly Road
Okemos, MI 48864
- Individuals must complete the online UDIM Dairy Promotion Grant Program Application Form and an itemized budget to apply for funding. Paper copies of the application can be requested by calling 517-349-8923. If you would like to download the Application as a PDF, click here. Completed applications need to be received by UDIM (either online or by mail) at least 25 days prior to the promotional event for funding consideration.
- Following receipt of grant applications, UDIM will review the grant application and provide email confirmation of approval within 10 business days. Once grant approval is received, the producer is responsible for implementing planned promotion:
- ordering promotional items
- ordering and purchasing dairy foods
- proper food safety care and handling of dairy products including keeping dairy foods at the correct temperatures. Always strive for 35 degrees!
- Save itemized receipts from the store for everything purchased for the event.
- Take photos at the event of participants enjoying dairy products to submit with reimbursement paperwork.
- Turn in reimbursement form, photos, and original receipts within 30 days of the event. Digital photos may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org Developed photos may be sent with reimbursement paperwork.
- UDIM will issue reimbursement check for approved expenses backed by original itemized receipts within 30 days of receipt of reimbursement paperwork.
- For questions regarding the UDIM Dairy Promotion Grant Program, please call United Dairy Industry of Michigan at 517-349-8923.