United Dairy Industry of Michigan Board Mentor Program
Developing leaders for Michigan’s dairy industry
This year-long mentorship program was created with the goals of identifying and developing future industry leaders. Program participants will partner with United Dairy Industry of Michigan (UDIM) board members to increase their knowledge and understanding of UDIM programs, grow their network within the industry, and spread the word about dairy promotion programs.
Current UDIM board members will be actively involved with the program through recruiting participants and sharing organization and program information. Participants will be tasked with sharing this information with their peers and fellow dairy producers who have questions about checkoff. Communications workshops will help participants fine-tune their skills by the end of the program.
- Must be a Michigan dairy farmer or employed full-time on a Michigan dairy farm.
- Attend two of the three UDIM board meetings between March and October of 2020 and two of the four UDIM board meetings in 2021. Dates will be provided when participants agree to the mentor program.
- Attend development sessions before or after each board meeting. Sessions will provide dairy promotion program updates, UDIM history, or leadership and communications development.
- Participate in one of the following dairy promotion events to see how the programs connect to consumers:
- School or Fuel Up to Play 60 event
- Or, other UDIM event (suggestions and opportunities will be provided)
*Thank you for your interest in the UDIM Board Mentor Program. At this time the application process is closed. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.*