Green Chile Cheese-Stuffed Burgers
- 2 tomatoes, Roma seeded and chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 Serrano pepper, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup white onion, chopped
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 1 1/4 pounds ground round
- 4 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup green chiles, diced and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 4 hamburger buns
Preheat grill to medium-high heat. In a bowl, toss tomatoes, lime juice, Serrano pepper, cilantro, onion and 1/4 teaspoon salt until well combined. In small bowl, stir together sour cream and taco seasoning. Form meat into 8 equal patties. Divide cheese and green chiles between 4 patties, placing in center of each patty. Cover with remaining 4 patties; press edges together to seal. Sprinkle burgers with black pepper and remaining 1 teaspoon salt.
Transfer burgers to grill and cook 10 minutes, turning once. Assemble burgers, topping with sour cream sauce.
*These values are approximate. Per serving, based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.