- 12 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup milk, whole milk, half and half or heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cheese, shredded, any variety (including ricotta)
- 1 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 3 cups assorted vegetables and/or pre-cooked meats (peppers, tomatoes, potatoes, ham, etc.)
- Fresh herbs for garnish, optional
Nutritional data is unavailable
*These values are approximate. Per serving, based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Preheat a cast iron pan or oven safe skillet over medium heat.
Mix together eggs, milk, and salt in a large bowl then add in shredded cheese to the mix.
Gather vegetables and/or meats. If using raw vegetables, precook now in preheated pan with butter. Add any cooked vegetable or meat to the pan last just to reheat. Once vegetables have softened, add egg mixture to the pan and scramble all ingredients together. Let sit over medium heat for 1 minutes before transferring to the oven.
Carefully transfer to the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes. Frittata is done when eggs have set. Remove from oven and top with freshly chopped herbs. Serve immediately.