- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, well drained
- 1 (16-ounce) container cottage cheese
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 egg white
- 1 envelope Italian dressing mix
- 20 jumbo macaroni shells, cooked, drained and cooled
- 1 (13.5-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
Heat oven to 400º F. Mix spinach, cottage cheese, 1/2 cup Mozzarella, peppers, egg white and dressing mix until well blended. Spoon about 1 heaping tablespoon of mixture into each shell.
Spread half of sauce onto bottom of greased 13×9-inch baking dish. Arrange shells, filled-sides up in baking dish; top with remaining sauce and Mozzarella. Cover with foil.
Bake 40 minutes or until heated through, removing foil after 30 minutes.
Make it like the Crandall family: Add cooked ground sausage, and substitute fresh spinach, or green pepper and onion for the red pepper.
Nutritional data is unavailable
*These values are approximate. Per serving, based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.