Creamy Ricotta and Parmesan Pasta
- 1 package (16 oz.) dried whole wheat or multi-grain penne pasta
- 5 ounces baby spinach leaves (about 8 cups loosely packed)
- 1 cup (8 oz.) whole milk ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan-Reggiano cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
*These values are approximate. Per serving, based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.
In Dutch oven cook pasta according to package directions, except before draining the pasta reserve 1 cup of the pasta cooking liquid.
Meanwhile, in large colander rinse spinach leaves. Leave spinach in colander. Drain pasta over top of spinach.
In the same warm Dutch oven stir together 1/2 cup of the reserved pasta cooking liquid, ricotta cheese, Parmesan-Reggiano cheese, pepper, garlic powder and salt. Add pasta-spinach mixture. Toss until coated. If needed for a creamy sauce, stir in more of the reserved pasta cooking liquid, 1 to 2 tablespoons at a time.
Ladle pasta mixture onto serving plates. Top with tomatoes.