For the Quesadillas
- 12 soft corn tortillas
- 1 cup cheese, shredded part-skim Monterey Jack
- 1 cup cheese, shredded part-skim Colby
- 1/2 cup fresh corn kernels or black beans
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- 1 red bell pepper, finely minced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, finely minced
For the Cilantro Yogurt Dip
- 2 cups yogurt, plain, nonfat
- 1/4 cup finely minced cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
*These values are approximate. Per serving, based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.
Preheat large skillet over low heat. Line up six tortillas. Divide cheese, corn, cilantro and peppers between the tortillas, then cover each with a second tortilla. Place a tortilla on the dry skillet or grill and warm until cheese is melted and tortilla is slightly golden, about three minutes. Flip and cook other side until golden, about one minute. Cut into wedges and serve. Repeat with remaining quesadillas. Serve each wedge with a dollop of cilantro yogurt dip.
Make the Cilantro Yogurt Dip. Line a large strainer with a coffee filter or paper towel and place over a mixing bowl. Pour in yogurt and let sit until some of the liquid has drained away and the yogurt is the consistency of sour cream, about one hour. Transfer to small mixing bowl; stir in salt and cilantro. Makes about 1 1/2 cups.