- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup yogurt, fat free plain
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 medium McIntosh or Granny Smith apples, grated
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup raisins
*These values are approximate. Per serving, based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.
Preheat oven to 375º F. Coat 12 muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray. In a large bowl, combine flours, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. In another bowl, whisk together the yogurt, egg, brown sugar and canola oil. Stir in the apples, applesauce and raisins.
Pour the apple mixture into the dry ingredients just until blended. Spoon muffin batter into muffin pan, filling them to the top. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned.