- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup brown lentils, rinsed and picked through
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups packed baby spinach
- 1 cup thick and chunky salsa
- 4 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup cheese, shredded Monterey Jack
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup yogurt, Plain
- 3 tablespoons coriander chutney
- Garnishes: chopped red onion, fresh cilantro, hot sauce (optional)
*These values are approximate. Per serving, based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.
In medium saucepot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add sweet potato and onion; cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add water, lentils, curry powder and salt; heat to boiling. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook uncovered 25 to 30 minutes or until lentils are tender, adding more water if necessary. Let lentil mixture cool slightly; drain off any excess liquid (do this really well - you don't want any extra moisture in this mixture). Stir in spinach and salsa and drain off excess liquid once more, if necessary. Spoon 1-1/4 cups lentil mixture into center of each tortilla; sprinkle each with 2 tablespoons cheese. Roll up tortillas over filling, folding in ends if desired.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Heat griddle or large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Lightly spray with nonstick spray, then add burritos, in batches if necessary, and cook 3 to 4 minutes per side or until golden brown. Transfer burritos to rimmed baking pan and bake 15 minutes or until heated through. Meanwhile, make Coriander Yogurt Sauce: In small bowl, stir together yogurt and chutney.
Serve burritos with yogurt sauce and desired garnishes.