Grilled Street Corn (Elote)
- 6 ounces Cotija cheese or mild feta cheese, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup Mexican crema or sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chile piquin or ground red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 ears fresh corn, husks and silks removed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Lime wedges
*These values are approximate. Per serving, based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.
Place cheese in food processor. Cover and pulse until very finely crumbled (or finely crumble by hand). Pour into shallow dish. In small bowl combine crema or sour cream, mayonnaise, chile piquin or red pepper and salt. Set aside.
Brush corn with oil. Grill directly over medium-high heat for 12 to 25 minutes or until browned and beginning to char in spots.
Insert short bamboo skewers or corn holders into ends of corn ears. Brush corn with crema mixture. Then roll in cheese, gently pressing cheese onto corn. Serve with lime wedges.
i love it