Low-fat Chocolate Milk is Nature’s Sports Drink
Nutrient-rich chocolate milk can help you refuel and rehydrate within the critical 30-minute recovery window after exercise. It contains a combination of carbohydrates and protein to refuel and repair muscles, fluids to rehydrate, and electrolytes to replenish what is lost in sweat. It has the added bonus of bone-building nutrients, like calcium, to help maintain strong bones and prevent stress fractures.
Why REFUEL with Chocolate Milk?
Recent studies have shown the 13 essential nutrients* in low-fat chocolate milk make it an ideal drink after intense exercise, including marathon and triathlon training and competition.
Recent studies have shown that the 13 essential nutrients in low-fat chocolate milk make it an ideal drink after intense exercise, including marathon and triathlon training and competition.
The essential nutrients in chocolate milk:
- Build and maintain strong bones and teeth (calcium, vitamin D, and phosphorus)
- Promote normal blood pressure (calcium)
- Help convert food into energy (riboflavin and niacin)
- Play a role in the development and maintenance of the central nervous system (riboflavin and vitamin B12)
- Help build and maintain lean muscle (protein)
- Help build red blood cells (vitamin B12)
- Promote good vision (vitamin A)
- Promote healthy skin (vitamin A)
- Promote a healthy immune system (vitamin A)
DairyFoods.com – World-renowned sports nutritionist says, “Just drink it.”
National Dairy Council – Adding milk to your post-workout plan can benefit your body because it supplies many of the key nutrients needed as part of a daily training diet.
The National Milk Processor Promotion Board – Low-fat chocolate milk naturally has many of the nutrients most commercial recovery drinks have to add in the lab – including high-quality protein and key electrolytes like calcium, potassium, sodium, and magnesium.
*Based on Based on the 2019 DRI for potassium developed by NASEM.