The Evolution of Nutrition: Past, Present and Future
Continuing Education Credits for RDNS
This is a three-part series with a total viewing time of 52 minutes. Dr. Murray will walk participants through changes in food and agriculture throughout history and the important role our diet plays in our overall health and in creating a healthy society, now and in the future.
After this presentation, attendees should be able to:
- Identify and describe the significance of the Neolithic Revolution, the Gene Revolution, and the Green Revolution.
- Describe changes in American farming practices from the 1800s to 2000s.
- Discuss agricultural challenges in the 21st century.
- Describe correlations between diet, disease, and health.
- Explain controversies about the Seven Countries Study.
- Define the process for creating Dietary Guidelines for Americans.
- Use concepts about diet quality to improve food intake patterns.
- Explain the role of nutrition in brain development, bone health, and aging.
Presenter: Dr. Robert Murray MD, FAAP