The Ethics of Hunger: Nourishing Communities in Need
Continuing Education Credits for CDR
National Dairy Council’s webinar “The Ethics of Hunger. Nourishing Communities in Need” looks at the reality of hunger in America and provides resources and screening tools for practitioners to improve access to nutrient-rich foods for all.
After this presentation, attendees will be able to:
- Understand how dynamic partnerships have addressed food and nutrition security, helping nourish children and families around the world, during the pandemic.
- Define the ethics of hunger and all its factors of influence such as transportation, neighborhoods, food access, situational food insecurity, stress etc.
- Apply knowledge to recognize food insecurity in patients by looking for symptoms, asking the right questions, coding for food insecurity and screening for food insecurity in a sensitive manner.
- Utilize effective communication strategies for nutrition education, grocery store tour talking points, transportation, kitchen equipment talking points, long-term food solutions and food assistance solutions.
- The nutritional benefits of milk, shelf life, recipe ideas to offer patients.
Presenters: Clancy Harrison, MS, RDN, FAND, Founder Food Dignity Project; Jerod Matthews Director Dairy Supply Chain Partnerships; Jean Ragalie-Carr, RDN, LDN, FAND, President National Dairy Council
Length of presentation: 90 minutes
Suggested Performance Indicators:
- 1.3, 1.3.2, 1.3.5, 1.3.6, 1.6, 1.6.4, 12.5
Continuing Education Certificates:
Expiration date for CEUs – October 2023