United Dairy Industry of Michigan (UDIM)
Home Fridge Advantage Contest
- Contest Description. UDIM will accept nominations from the general public as entries into the contest. The entries must include the name, email address and phone number of the person submitting the entry, along with the name, email address and phone number of the person being nominated. Nomination must include a story of why the nominee should receive the prize. Each winner will be determined based on the persuasiveness of the nomination, including the reason for nomination (why this person) and description of need. A panel of judges from the contest Sponsors will select the winners, based on the nominee with the greatest need and most compelling reason for why the nominee should be chosen, and their decisions are final. The panel of judges will include one dairy farmer, and one staff member from each of UDIM, Kroger, and the Detroit Lions.
- The Home Fridge Advantage Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to persons eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of entry, and persons under eighteen who have received permission from a parent or legal guardian. Persons entering the Contest must be permanent legal residents of the State of Michigan and physically located there. Employees, officers, contest partners and representatives of Sponsors’ advertising and promotion agencies, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Entry in Contest constitutes full and unconditional acceptance of these “Official Rules” and Sponsors’ decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Sponsors. The Contest Sponsors include:
- Dairy Council of Michigan, Inc., a Michigan nonprofit corporation, and American Dairy Association of Michigan, Inc., a Michigan nonprofit corporation (collectively “United Dairy Industry of Michigan”, “UDIM”) whose address is 2163 Jolly Road, Okemos, MI 48864;
- The Detroit Lions; and
- The Kroger Company.
- Prize: There will be 8 winners, one for each week the Lions have a Home Game. Winners will be selected at least 16 days prior to the game to allow for notification and acceptance of prize. See chart:
|Scheduled Game Date||Winner Selected|
|Sept 13||Aug 28|
|Oct 4||Sept 18|
|Nov 1||Oct 16|
|Nov 15||Oct 30|
|Nov 26||Nov 10|
|Dec 13||Nov 27|
|Dec 27||Dec 11|
|Jan 3||Dec 18|
Each winner will receive a refrigerator-freezer (approximate retail value of $2500) and food to fill refrigerator (approximate retail value of $500) and $500 cash. The Sponsors will consider the winner’s preferences in selecting the refrigerator freezer and food that the Sponsors select and deliver, but these selections will ultimately be in the Sponsors’ sole discretion. Food will be selected and delivered based on winner preferences, Sponsor recipes and food to meet guidelines for a family of four based on USDA My Plate. Each winner and individual who nominated a winner will together select one food pantry or school to receive a selection of prizes offered to improve service to their clients or students. The approximate retail value of the prizes offered to the food pantry or school is $2000. UDIM will administer all prize selections and deliveries with the winner(s).
- Contest Period. The Contest begins on August 17, 2020 at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time and ends on December 18, 2020 at 12:00 p.m. Eastern Time (the “Contest Period”). During the Contest Period, eight winners will be selected and prizes awarded. Non-winning entries will continue to be eligible to win during the remainder of the Contest Period If the selected winner cannot or does not accept the prize, an alternate will be offered the prize until the prize is claimed.
- How to Enter.
There are two (2) ways to enter the Contest during the Contest Period:
- Enter on milkmeansmore.org. To enter, participant will complete the nomination form, including their name and contact information, along with the nominee’s contact information. Nominee will describe why they are nominating the person and provide background for why the nominee is deserving of the prize.
- Mail the nomination with the same information as above to: United Dairy Industry of Michigan, 2060 Jolly Rd., Okemos, MI 48864 ATTN Kathleen.
- Contest Judging. The week prior to the prize award, a panel of judges will select the winner, along with 2 alternates from all submitted nominations during the Contest Period. The winner will be notified and will have 24 hours to determine if they are accepting the prize. If the winner does not accept the prize at this time, the prize will be offered to the first alternate and second alternate as needed. Alternates not chosen for the prize will be eligible for subsequent awards. The winner must be able to receive delivery of the prize. The prize restrictions and conditions described in these official rules are not all-inclusive. If a winner cannot be contacted within ONE (1) business day of the selection date, the prize will also be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected. If the potential winner is found to be ineligible or the potential winner does not comply with these Official Rules, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected. A potential winner who is disqualified for any reason will not be entitled to any form of compensation. The prize is awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose), except that the prize will be subject to its manufacturer’s standard warranty (if any). The prize is non-transferrable and not subject to substitution, except by UDIM, who reserves the right to substitute the prize in whole or in part with another prize of comparable or greater value if the intended prize is not available for any reason as determined by UDIM in its sole discretion. All potential winners are subject to eligibility verification by UDIM.
- Odds. Actual odds of winning are based upon the number and quality of eligible entries received during the Contest Period. Many will enter, but few will win.
- Winner List; Rules Request. To obtain a copy of the Official Rules or a list of winners, you may send a self-addressed, stamped, business-size envelope to: United Dairy Industry of Michigan, Home Fridge Advantage Contest, ATTN Elena 2163 Jolly Road, Okemos, MI 48864. Winner’s information will be available after January 15, 2021. All requests must be received by June 1, 2021.
- Liability. Sponsors will not be responsible for entries that are late, lost, illegible, incomplete, damaged, misdirected and/or postage due and accepts no responsibility for any injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from a participant’s participation in the Contest. By entering the Contest, each participant agrees to these Official Rules and waives and agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsors and Sponsors’ parents, subsidiaries, and affiliated companies, and all other businesses involved in this Contest, as well as the employees, officers, directors and agents of each, from, all claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or related to the Contest or the prize (including, without limitation, any and all claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory. Sponsors reserve the right to amend these Official Rules or to terminate this Contest.
- Taxes. Each Winner is solely responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes and any expenses associated with the prize, unless otherwise indicated. UDIM will report the fair market value of prize winnings on Form IRS 1099 as required by law.
- Publicity. As a condition of being awarded a prize, except where prohibited by law, each Winner grants Sponsors an irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free license and right, to disclose, publicize, broadcast, display and/or otherwise use the Contest participant’s name and biographical material (collectively, “Licensed Rights”) in any media now known or hereafter devised throughout the world in perpetuity for advertising and publicity purposes, without additional consent, review, compensation, permission or approval of Winner.\
- Other Conditions. The Sponsors reserve the right to cancel or modify all or part of the Contest if any of the Lion’s games are canceled or postponed. The Sponsors reserve the right to cancel or modify the Contest if fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsors’ reasonable control impairs the integrity of the Contest, as determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion. In such event, Sponsors reserve the right to award the prize from among the salvageable eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsors reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual found to be tampering with the entry process, making misrepresentations related to Sponsors or the Contest, violating these Official Rules, or acting in a disruptive manner. In case of a dispute over the identity of a participant who submitted a winning entry, the authorized account holder of the email address associated with that entry will be deemed the participant. The “authorized account holder” is deemed the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an internet access provider, service provider or other online organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. The authorized account holder must be the participant, comply with these Official Rules and, in Sponsors’ sole discretion, may be required to provide proof of ownership of the email account.
- Governing Law; Disputes. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to (i) this Contest, (ii) the awarding or redemption of a prize and/or (iii) the scope, applicability, interpretation, or enforcement of these Official Rules shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the substantive laws of the State of Michigan without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would result in the application of any other state’s laws. As a condition of participating in the Contest, each participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and any and all causes of action arising out of or related to the Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, before a state court of competent jurisdiction located in Ingham County, Michigan. Participants shall not challenge the jurisdiction of such court on the grounds of convenience, personal jurisdiction, or otherwise. Participant hereby waives all rights to claim or receive punitive, incidental or consequential damages and all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. Each participant further agrees that any claim, judgment, or award shall be limited to participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering the Contest), and in no event will participant be permitted to obtain attorneys’ fees or other legal costs. If any provision of these Official Rules is deemed void, unenforceable or contrary to law, that term shall, but only to the extent necessary to bring this section within the requirements of law, be deemed to be severed from the other terms of these Official Rules, and the remainder of these Official Rules shall be given effect as if they did include the severed term. THE PARTIES HEREBY WAIVE THEIR RIGHT TO JURY TRIAL WITH RESPECT TO ALL CLAIMS AND ISSUES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT WHETHER SOUNDING IN CONTRACT OR TORT AND INCLUDING ANY CLAIM FOR FRAUDULENT INDUCEMENT THEREOF.