Stocking Up on Nutrient-Rich Stocking Stuffer Ideas
With the holidays right around the corner, you might be looking for the perfect stocking stuffer ideas. Well, look no further because we have some nutrient-rich ideas to help you this year!
1. Pick up some straws that flavor your individual milk glasses. These items are individually packaged, can be found in your local grocery store, and come in a variety of flavors—with a flavor to satisfy everyone’s palate! Milk packs a powerful nutrient punch by providing nine essential nutrients—so whether you enjoy your milk flavored or unflavored this holiday season, you will be getting the nutrition you need to fuel your day!
2. Since mustaches are trendy right now, get some milk mustache finger tattoos. These temporary tattoos can provide the opportunity for a teachable moment—remind your family how important it is to get their three servings of dairy every day!
3. I don’t think there is a better treat than a nice glass of homemade hot cocoa. Stick some chocolate covered spoons in your loved ones stockings. When everyone comes in from playing outside in the snow—heat up some low-fat milk, stir with your spoons, and enjoy! At just about 25 cents a glass, milk is a nutritional bargain.
4. For the large stocking—give your loved ones the hand blender they’ve always wanted! Your family and friends won’t just love this Christmas morning—they will love this every day of the year. There’s no better way than to start your day with a fruit and yogurt smoothie!
5. Pack each family members stocking with a different fruit. Whether you’re getting ready for breakfast or looking for that perfect pick-me-up snack mid-afternoon, gather all the fruits, cut the fruits, and serve them with a tasty yogurt dip! To help you get started, I’ve included my favorite simple yogurt dip recipe below.
Fantastic Fresh Fruit Yogurt Dip
2 ½ c. low-fat vanilla yogurt
1 T. honey
¼ t. cinnamon
Place yogurt in a bowl, and stir in honey and cinnamon. Chill before serving.
Adapted from National Dairy Council recipe collection. To find more great milk, cheese, and yogurt recipes from National Dairy Council, visit: http://www.nationaldairycouncil.org/Recipes/Pages/RecipeLanding.aspx
From our UDIM homes to yours, Happy Holidays!