- 4 cups eggplant, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 pound groud Italian sausage
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 12 ounces ziti pasta, cooked al dente
- 1/2 cup cheese, grated Parmesan - divided
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
*These values are approximate. Per serving, based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.
In a large skillet, cook the eggplant, sausage, and garlic over medium-high heat until the sausage is browned and the eggplant is tender. Add the marinara, oregano, pepper and red pepper flakes, and cook over low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and add 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese and mix gently to combine.
Place the cooked pasta in a large serving dish and add the sauce, tossing gently. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese and the parsley over the top of the pasta. Serve immediately.