Whole Wheat Pumpkin Waffles
- 1 cup pure pumpkin
- 1 cup yogurt, plain low-fat
- 1/2 cup milk, low fat
- 2 large Eggs
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- chopped walnuts and additional maple syrup, optional
*These values are approximate. Per serving, based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.
Heat waffle maker while you begin making the batter.
In a medium bowl, whisk together all liquid ingredients: pumpkin through vanilla.
In a large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients: whole wheat pastry flour through salt.
Slowly add the liquid ingredients to the flour mixture and stir until incorporated, careful not to over-mix.
Spray waffle maker with cooking spray and pour batter in, about 1/2 cup at a time. Cook until lightly golden brown or according to manufacturer's instructions.
Serve with chopped walnuts and more maple syrup, if desired.