Warm Pumpkin Spiced Latte
- 3 cups milk, fat-free, 2% or whole
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder or instant coffee powder
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- whipped cream, optional
*These values are approximate. Per serving, based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.
In a medium saucepan, heat milk and espresso powder over medium heat, stirring frequently, until hot. Do not boil.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl stir, together pumpkin, brown sugar and 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice. Whisk into hot milk mixture. Heat through. Do not boil. Stir in vanilla.
Pour into four 10- to 12-ounce mugs. Top with whipped cream, if desired. Sprinkle with additional pumpkin pie spice, if desired.