- 2 cups dried cheese tortellini
- 1 (7-ounce) jar sun-dried tomatoes in extra virgin olive oil, cut into thin strips
- 1 teaspoon oil, reserved from sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 5 ounces baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup cream, heavy
- 1/2 cup cheese, grated Parmesan
*These values are approximate. Per serving, based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.
Cook tortellini according to package directions, reserving some of the cooking water. In a large, deep skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil from jar of sun-dried tomatoes. Heat over medium heat. When hot, add onions and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Sauté onions over medium heat until translucent. Add garlic and cook for another minute or until fragrant. Add sun-dried tomatoes and spinach. Cook until spinach is wilted.
Add cream and heat until slightly thickened. Stir in Parmesan cheese and cooked tortellini. If desired, add pasta water to achieve desired consistency.