Tart Cherry Smoothie Bowls
For the Smoothie Bowl
- 1 cup milk, 2%
- 1 cup yogurt, Greek style nonfat vanilla
- 2 cups frozen, pitted tart cherries, unsweetened
- 1 large banana, peeled and broken into chunks
- 1 cup (1 small) ripe avocado, peeled pitted and sliced
For the Topping
- 1/4 cup lightly salted sunflower seed kernels, divided
- 1/4 cup lightly salted pumpkin seed kernels (pepitas), divided
- 2 tablespoons miniature chocolate chips, divided
- 1 cup fresh red raspberries, divided
- 1 cup Fresh blueberries, divided
*These values are approximate. Per serving, based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.
Pour milk into a large blender carafe. Add the yogurt, frozen tart cherries, banana, and avocado to the carafe. Firmly secure the lid and puree until smooth. The smoothie will be very thick, so in the absence of a heavy duty blender, pulse the blender speed between medium and high powers as required.
Once the smoothie is thick and smooth, divide it equally between four serving bowls. Top each smoothie bowl with 1 tablespoon of sunflower seeds, 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds, 1 tablespoon miniature chocolate chips, 1/4 cup red raspberries, and 1/4 cup blueberries.