- 1 whole grain baguette, thinly sliced on a diagonal (about 12 slices)
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 medium heads butter lettuce, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 6 tablespoons Marcona almonds or sliced regular almonds
- 3/4 cup cheese, Ricotta
- 1 cup thinly sliced strawberries
*These values are approximate. Per serving, based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.
Heat broiler to high heat. Place baguette slices on rimmed baking pan and lightly brush with 2 tablespoons oil. Place under broiler and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp, watching very carefully.
Meanwhile, in large bowl, whisk together mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper. While whisking, slowly drizzle in remaining 4 tablespoons (1/4 cup) oil until all oil is incorporated. Add lettuce and almonds; gently toss to combine. Divide salad between 4 plates.
Spread crostini with Ricotta and divide strawberries over Ricotta. Divide crostini between salad plates and serve immediately.