- 1 3/4 cups finely chopped fresh strawberries
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 8 mini (2 1/2-inch diameter) pita rounds, (about 6 oz. total)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups shredded white cheddar cheese, (6 oz.)
*These values are approximate. Per serving, based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.
Preheat broiler. Line large baking sheet with aluminum foil. Set aside.
In medium bowl, toss together strawberries, jalapeno peppers and honey. Set aside.
Horizontally cut each pita round in half, making 16 circles. Place in single layer, cut side up on prepared baking sheet. Lightly brush cut sides with melted butter. Broil about 6 inches away from the heat for 3 to 5 minutes or until lightly toasted.
Drain any liquid off strawberry mixture. Spoon strawberry mixture onto pita pieces. Sprinkle with the cheese. Broil for 1 to 2 minutes more or until cheese melts. Serve warm.