Strawberry Buttermilk Shake
- 1 1/2 cups strawberry ice cream (about 3 scoops)
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup buttermilk or plain kefir
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 drop red food coloring (optional)
- Optional garnish: whipped cream, whole strawberries, sprinkles, miniature chocolate chips
*These values are approximate. Per serving, based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.
Let ice cream stand at room temperature for 10 to 15 minutes or until slightly softened, but not runny.
Meanwhile, place strawberries, buttermilk or kefir, lemon juice and food coloring (if desired) in blender container. Add ice cream. Cover and blend until thick and nearly smooth, stopping to push down ice cream, as necessary. Pour into one 16-ounce glass. Top with garnish (if desired). Serve immediately.
Photo by Jenn Fillenworth of JennyWiththeGoodEats.com.