- 24 large mushrooms, stems removed and reserved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 can articoke hearts, roughly chopped
- 2 cups cheese, feta - crumbled
- 1/2 cup onion, minced
- 1 pinch chili flakes, for garnish
- 1 pinch scallions, for garnish
*These values are approximate. Per serving, based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.
Pre-heat oven to 350º F and place mushroom caps in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with foil. Mince the reserved mushroom stems and heat olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high. Add grated garlic and minced mushroom stems to the pan along with salt and pepper. Sauté for 2 to 3 minutes or until mushrooms are softened. Add chopped spinach and chopped artichoke hearts to the pan and cook until heated through, about 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat and place mixture in a large mixing bowl. Stir in Feta cheese and minced scallions. Check for seasoning and adjust accordingly.
Using a small cookie scoop, add two tablespoons of the filling to each mushroom cap. Don't be afraid to fill it high. Bake mushrooms for 20 to 25 minutes or until mushroom caps are softened. Sprinkle with chili flakes and minced scallions to serve.