Spiced White Hot Chocolate
- 3 cups milk, half and half
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ground cinnamon and whipped cream, for topping
*These values are approximate. Per serving, based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.
Combine the half and half, chocolate chips, nutmeg and cinnamon stick in a medium saucepan. Whisk over medium-low heat until the chocolate chips are melted and the mixture is hot but not boiling.
Remove from the heat and pull out the cinnamon stick. Stir in the vanilla and whisk well. Pour the hot chocolate into mugs and top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of ground cinnamon, if desired.