Spelt Salad with Apples Scallions and Mozzarella
- 1 cup uncooked spelt
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small apple, cored and chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, cut into bite-size pieces (about 1/2 cup)
- 4 scallions, sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
*These values are approximate. Per serving, based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.
Cook and drain spelt according to package directions. Place in large bowl.
Add lemon juice, olive oil, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper. Toss until evenly coated. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
Add apple, cheese, scallions and parsley to grain mixture. Toss until combined.