Smoked Salmon Spread
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Dash salt
- 8 ounces (2 cups) finely chopped or flaked smoked salmon
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Fresh chives (optional)
*These values are approximate. Per serving, based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.
In small mixer bowl beat cream cheese on medium speed of an electric mixer until fluffy. Add sour cream, lemon juice, lemon peel, horseradish, dill weed, garlic powder, pepper sauce and salt. Beat until combined. Fold in salmon and the 2 tablespoons chives. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
Spoon into serving dish. Garnish with fresh chives (if desired). Serve with crackers.
The recipe is very forgiving. Some days I add more spinach than other days. It always turns out yummy.