- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 3/4 cup uncooked quinoa
- 4-5 cups diced butternut squash
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 32 ounces chicken stock
- 1 cup milk, half and half
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Salt and pepper
*These values are approximate. Per serving, based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.
Combine chicken, onion, quinoa, squash, sage, pepper, and chicken stock in a 6- or 7-quart slow cooker.
Cook for four hours on high. Remove chicken, shred, and return to soup.
In a small bowl, mix together half and half and cornstarch. Slowly stir into soup, cover and cook for 30 minutes longer. Taste and season with salt and pepper.