- 1 (16-ounce) jar chunky salsa
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups instant brown rice
- 1 cup corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- Chopped avocado chopped cilantro chopped red onion chopped tomatoes lime wedges sour cream (or Greek yogurt) and/or shredded Colby Jack cheese, for garnish
*These values are approximate. Per serving, based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.
In slow cooker, stir together salsa, chicken, broth and chili powder. Cook on high 3 1/2 hours or on low 7 1/2 hours.
Transfer chicken to cutting board and coarsely shred; return to slow cooker. Stir in beans, rice and corn. Cook on high 30 minutes longer or until rice is cooked through.
Serve garnished with avocado, cilantro, onion, tomatoes, limes, sour cream and/or cheese.