Slow Cooker Beef Curry
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 cups cubed and peeled butternut squash
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 pound beef stew meat
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 (15-ounce) can low-sodium tomato sauce
- 1 cup whole milk plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger root
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- scallions, optional garnish
Place vegetables (cauliflower through pepper) in the bottom of the slow cooker insert.
Sprinkle beef with 1 teaspoon of the salt and 1/2 teaspoon of the pepper then place on top of the vegetables.
In a medium bowl, whisk together all additional ingredients (tomato sauce through cloves) with the remaining 1 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper. Drizzle mixture over the beef and vegetables then stir to combine.
Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours and serve with freshly sprinkled scallions.
*These values are approximate. Per serving, based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.