Skillet Macaroni and Cheese
- 1 cup dried elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 (5-ounce) package semisoft cheese with garlic and fine herbs
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain.
Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil, chicken and onion. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
Stir in semi-soft cheese. Gradually add milk and flour into chicken mixture. Continue stirring and cooking over medium heat until mixture is thickened and bubbly.
Reduce heat to low. Add cheddar cheese and cooked macaroni. Cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes until cheese is melted. Stir in spinach.
Serve immediately. Top with cherry tomatoes.
*These values are approximate. Per serving, based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.