- 1 cup dried elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 (5-ounce) package cheese, semisoft with garlic and fine herbs
- 1 1/2 cups milk, fat-free
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 cup cheese, shredded Cheddar
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
*These values are approximate. Per serving, based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.
Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain.
Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil, chicken and onion. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
Stir in semi-soft cheese. Gradually add milk and flour into chicken mixture. Continue stirring and cooking over medium heat until mixture is thickened and bubbly.
Reduce heat to low. Add hot sauce, cheddar cheese and cooked macaroni. Cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes until cheese is melted. Stir in spinach.
Serve immediately. Top with cherry tomatoes.