Roasted Tomato and Sweet Pepper Pasta with Fresh Mozzarella
- 1 (10.5-ounce) package red Cherub tomatoes, halved
- 1 (10.5-ounce) package yellow Sunburst tomatoes, halved
- 3 teaspoons fresh chopped oregano
- 1 large clove garlic , chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (16-ounce) package dried rotini pasta
- 1 orange sweet bell pepper, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 8 ounces cheese, fresh Mozzarella balls
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- juice of half a lemon
*These values are approximate. Per serving, based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.
Preheat the oven to 450º F. Place the tomatoes in a medium bowl. Add the oregano, garlic, and 1/4 cup olive oil to the bowl and gently toss everything together so that it's all coated. Line a large baking pan with tin foil and spread the tomato mixture in a single layer in the pan. Sprinkle with the teaspoon of salt. Roast the tomatoes, uncovered, for 25 minutes or until they start to shrivel and turn light brown. Remove from the oven and set aside.
Prepare the pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cool water, then drain again. In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients.
In a large serving bowl, add the cooled pasta, then the tomatoes and any drippings from the pan. Next add the sweet pepper pieces and the Mozzarella. Pour the dressing evenly all over the salad and toss to combine. Serve at room temperature. Refrigerate any leftovers.