- 1 head (roughly 6 heaping cups) roasted cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup cheese, extra sharp chedder - grated
- Salt and pepper
- chives, for optional garnish
*These values are approximate. Per serving, based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.
In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Whisk in flour and continue to cook for 1 minute. Slowly add milk while continuing to whisk.
Continue whisking over medium heat until thickened slightly. When the cauliflower is roasted, add it to a blender with 1/2 cup of the milk mixture and puree until smooth. Stir this into thickened milk until combined. Remove from heat and stir in cheese until melted.