Ricotta Crostini with Gingered Blackberries
- 1 baguette, sliced diagonally into 1/3-inch-thick pieces (about 24 pieces)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 1/2 cups fresh blackberries
- 1 1/2 cups full-fat Ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
Preheat oven to 350º F. Place baguette slices on rimmed baking pan and lightly brush both sides with butter. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until crisp, turning once.
Meanwhile, in medium saucepan, stir together sugar, water and ginger. Heat to boiling over medium-high heat; simmer 1 to 2 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and stir in blackberries.
In small bowl, stir together Ricotta and black pepper.
To assemble, spread each piece of bread with 1 tablespoon ricotta mixture. Divide blackberries over crostini. Sprinkle with mint and serve immediately.
*These values are approximate. Per serving, based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.