- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, unsalted - divided
- 1/2 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- powdered sugar, for dusting
*These values are approximate. Per serving, based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.
Preheat the oven to 375º F. Spray a 13x9-inch baking pan with non-stick baking spray and set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, 2/3 cup of the sugar, lemon zest, cinnamon, and salt. Cut the butter into small cubes and add them to the bowl, along with the vanilla. Using a pastry cutter or two knives, work the dough until it resembles crumbs. Transfer half of the dough to the prepared pan and firmly press it into the pan evenly. Bake for 10 minutes.
In another bowl, gently toss the raspberries, remaining 1/3 cup sugar, lemon juice, and cornstarch. Spread the berry mixture over the crust. Pinch small clumps of the remaining dough and drop them all over the raspberries. Bake 50 to 55 minutes, or until the topping is golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack before cutting into squares. Dust with powdered sugar, if desired.