Quick Chicken Curry
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large red or green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt (5%)
- 1 cup seeded and chopped fresh tomato
- 2 cups hot cooked brown rice
- Chopped peanuts, raisins, chopped fresh parsley or grated lime peel (optional)
*These values are approximate. Per serving, based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.
In large nonstick skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper and onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes or until tender. Remove from skillet.
Add chicken to the same skillet. Stir in curry powder, salt and cayenne pepper. Cook over medium-high heat for 4 to 6 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in the center. Return vegetables to skillet. Cook and stir until heated through.
Stir evaporated milk into chicken mixture. Bring to boiling. Remove from heat.
Stir yogurt into chicken mixture. Add tomato. Stir until combined. Serve over hot cooked rice. Garnish with peanuts, raisins, parsley and/or lime peel (if desired).