- 2 cups milk, whole
- 1 (15-ounce) can plain pumpkin puree
- 12 ounces beer, IPA recommended
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1 pound whole wheat pasta shells
- 8 ounces cheese, grated sharp Cheddar
- 4 ounces cream cheese, reduced-fat
*These values are approximate. Per serving, based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.
In a large pot over medium-high heat, bring milk, pumpkin, beer, chicken stock, pepper, nutmeg, and cayenne to a good simmer (do not boil).
Reduce heat to medium and add pasta. Cook, stirring frequently, for 12 to 14 minutes or until al dente. Make sure to stir frequently so pasta cooks evenly and does not burn.
Reduce heat to low and add Cheddar cheese and cream cheese.