For the Dressing
- 3/4 cup yogurt, plain 0% fat Greek
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
For the Tuna Mixture
- 2 (4-ounce) cans water packed tuna, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup cheese, crumbled Queso Fresco
- 3 tablespoons minced onion
- 3 tablespoons minced red bell pepper
*These values are approximate. Per serving, based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.
Place all the dressing ingredients in a blender and pulse until smooth. Set aside.
Mix tuna, beans, cheese, and almonds in a bowl and toss together, making sure to break up any large chunks of tuna or cheese. Add in pepper and onions. Toss tuna mixture with Cilantro Lime Dressing. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes before eating.
Serve over a bed of lettuce with avocado and lime wedge, for garnish. This salad can also be served as a wrap with lettuce and avocado, or with celery sticks and corn chips for dipping.