For the Pomegranate Reduction
- 4 cups 100% pomegranate juice (no blends)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
For the Ice Cream
- 1/2 cup pomegranate reduction
- 2 cups cream, can substitute 1 cup milk or 1 cup half and half for 1 cup cream
- pomegranate arils, optional
*These values are approximate. Per serving, based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.
Make the pomegranate reduction: Place ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stir until sugar has dissolved. Bring the mixture to a simmer and continue to simmer uncovered for 1 hour, or until reduced to 1 1/2 cups. It will become a syrup consistency. Cool and refrigerate until needed.
Make the ice cream: Mix ingredients well.
Pour into ice cream maker and follow manufacturers directions.
Serve immediately for soft serve, or chill for hard ice cream.
Garnish with pomegranate arils, if desired.