Pasta and Chicken in Garlic Cream Sauce
- 4 slices bacon, crosswise cut into 1/2-inch-wide pieces
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 10 ounces farfalle (bow tie) pasta, (about 4 cups)
- 2 1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 cloves garlic, minced,, or 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, or Parmesan cheese
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
Place removable pan inside programmable pressure cooker. Using sauté function, cook bacon, uncovered, until crisp. Use slotted spoon to remove bacon, leaving drippings in pan. Drain bacon on paper towels. Leave 1 tablespoon of the drippings in pan, discarding any remaining.
Add chicken, half at a time, to bacon drippings in pan. Using sauté function, stir-fry chicken for 2 to 3 minutes or until cooked through. Use slotted spoon to remove chicken from pan. Repeat until all chicken is cooked. Press cancel.
Stir pasta, broth, garlic, Italian seasoning and pepper into drippings in pan. Secure lid and set pressure release to sealing function. Select high pressure setting and cook for 5 minutes. Press cancel.
Allow pressure to release naturally for 5 minutes. Move pressure release to venting function to release any remaining steam. Remove lid.
Stir cream into pasta mixture. Using sauté function, cook and stir, uncovered, until boiling. Boil, uncovered, about 4 minutes or until sauce just generously coats pasta, stirring frequently. Press cancel. Stir in chicken and Parmesan cheese.
Place spinach and bacon in large bowl. Pour pasta mixture over top. Toss until combined. Ladle into serving bowls. Top each serving with tomatoes.
*These values are approximate. Per serving, based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.