One Pan Mac and Cheese (Lactose Intolerance-Friendly)
- 2 cups dry macaroni, ridged noodles are best
- 2 teaspoons salt, for cooking noodles
- 2 tablespoons clarified butter or ghee
- 2 cups lactose-free whole milk
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp white Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Salt and fresh-cracked pepper
Add water and salt to 3-quart sauce pan; cook noodles, per box directions. Drain and add noodles back to pan.
Measure out milk into a large measuring cup. Add eggs and whisk.
Toss noodles with clarified butter, turn heat up to medium, pour in milk-egg mixture. Add cheese and stir until cheese melts. Bring to a low boil for about 3 minutes; sauce will thicken and become creamy. Add fresh ground pepper and salt per your taste.
*These values are approximate. Per serving, based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.