Mushroom & Gouda Tacos
- 2 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 16 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels, thawed if frozen
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 12 corn tortillas, warmed
- 4 ounces smoked Gouda cheese, shredded
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Hot sauce, for serving (optional)
In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook 6 to 7 minutes or until deeply golden brown; stirring occasionally.
Stir in red bell pepper, salt and pepper. Cook 2 minutes or until pepper is softened, stirring frequently. Stir in corn; cook 1 minute or until corn is warmed through. Remove from heat; stir in cilantro.
Divide vegetable mixture between corn tortillas and top with cheese. Serve tacos with lime wedges, sour cream and hot sauce, if desired.
*These values are approximate. Per serving, based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.