Mexican Spinach Dip
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup diced bell pepper, any color
- 3/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 10 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 cups grated Pepper Jack cheese
- 8 ounces full-fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup any type milk
- Green onions , for optional garnish
- Tortilla chips, for dipping
In a very large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Sauté pepper and onion for 3 to 4 minutes or until softened and onions are translucent.
Add cumin and chili powder and cook for 1 to 2 minutes to toast spices.
Add spinach and tomatoes and cover for 2 to 3 minutes or until spinach is wilted, stirring as necessary.
Reduce heat to medium-low and add Pepper Jack cheese, cream cheese, and milk. Continue to stir until all the cheese is melted and combined into a smooth dip.
Serve immediately with tortilla chips. May also be kept warm in a slow cooker (on “warm” setting) for entertaining/parties.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in fridge 2 to 3 days. Reheat slowly in a saucepan over medium-low heat before serving.
*These values are approximate. Per serving, based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.