- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% or higher)
- 1 large carrot, shredded (about 1 cup)
- 1 16-ounce jar salsa
- 1 15 1/2-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 5 8-inch Flour tortillas, cut in half
- 1 16-ounce container cottage cheese, lowfat
- 1 1/2 cups cheese, pre-shredded reduced-fat Cheddar
*These values are approximate. Per serving, based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.
Cook the meat and carrots in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, breaking up the large pieces, until no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Drain excess fat.
Preheat the oven to 375°F. Add the salsa, black beans, corn, chili powder, and cumin to the skillet and stir to combine.
To assemble the lasagna, arrange a third (about 2 cups) of the meat mixture in a 9 x 13-inch baking pan. Layer half the tortillas over the meat, allowing them to overlap. Spoon half of the cottage cheese and ½ cup of the cheese over the tortillas and spread evenly.
Place 2 more cups of meat mixture over the cottage cheese. Layer with the remaining tortillas and cottage cheese. End with the meat mixture.
Top with the remaining Cheddar cheese and bake uncovered until the cheese melts and the lasagna is heated through, about 25 minutes.