Mediterranean Breakfast Tarts
- 1 (17.3-ounce) package frozen puff pastry (2 sheets)
- 1/2 cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup finely diced green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 (2.25-ounce) can sliced black olives, drained and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon Greek seasoning blend, plus a few dashes for garnish
- 4 ounces cow’s milk Feta cheese, crumbled
- 8 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 8 eggs
- 1 egg white, whisked, for egg wash on pastry
Preheat oven to 400º F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
Allow Puff Pastry to thaw for 30 minutes. Slightly roll-out pastry dough on a floured surface. Cut each sheet into 4 squares. Place 4 squares of puff pastry on each baking sheet. Crimp the corners of the pastry squares together, folding each side up slightly, creating a shallow basket.
Toss peppers, onion, black olives, parsley, cheese, and Greek seasoning together in a bowl. Divide filling into 8 equal parts, approximately 1/4 cup. Place filling into each pastry basket. Spread to cover the pastry. Bake for 10 minutes.
Remove from oven and brush edges of pastry with egg white. Crack an egg into each basket, being careful to keep egg from running out. Give each egg a dash of Greek seasoning blend. Add cherry tomato quarters if desired. Return to oven and bake for another 10 to 12 minutes.
Remove from oven and serve immediately.
Note: Wrap any leftover tarts in plastic wrap and refrigerate, warming in the microwave for a minute when ready to eat.
*These values are approximate. Per serving, based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.