- Dough for one pizza crust
- 1/2 pound elbow macaroni
- 4 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 2 large eggs
- 6 ounces milk, evaporated
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- Salt and pepper
- 12 ounces cheese, sharp white Cheddar - grated and divided
- 12 ounces bacon, cut into thin strips cooked until crisp, grease drained
- 2-3 green onions, sliced for topping/garnish
*These values are approximate. Per serving, based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.
Preheat oven to 400º F. Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat.
Roll out pizza dough to desired thickness. Pre-bake the crust for 8 minutes.
Meanwhile, prepare the macaroni and cheese. Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook to al dente as directed on the package. Drain, return to pan, reduce heat to low, and add butter. Stir until butter is melted. In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, evaporated milk, cayenne, and mustard powder. Stir this mixture into the pasta and add about 10 ounces of the cheese. Continue stirring for 3 to 4 minutes or until the cheese is melted and creamy.
Pour macaroni and cheese onto pre-baked pizza crust and spread it out evenly. Top with cooked bacon and remaining cheese. Return to oven and bake for another 8 to 10 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted.
Garnish with sliced green onions. Serve hot.