- 3 eggs
- 1 container (15 oz.) whole milk ricotta cheese
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup milk (skim, 2% or whole)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/4 cups sour cream or plain Greek yogurt (fat free, 2% or 5%)
- 1/3 cup honey or maple syrup
*These values are approximate. Per serving, based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.
Place wire rack over baking sheet in oven. Preheat oven to 200°F.
In food processor bowl combine eggs, ricotta cheese, flour, milk, sugar, vanilla, baking powder and salt. Cover and process about 45 seconds or until smooth. Scrape batter into small bowl.
Heat large nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon of the butter, spreading to coat surface. Drop batter by tablespoonfuls onto hot surface. Fry for 4 to 7 minutes or until golden brown, turning once halfway through. Transfer to wire rack in oven to keep warm until all are cooked. Repeat frying until all batter is used, adding additional butter as needed.
Serve warm latkes with dollop of sour cream or yogurt on top and drizzled with honey or maple syrup.